From save-the-dates to invites to place cards and thank you cards, weddings involve a lot of paper and it’s a lot to keep track of. This is why our friends at PaperBuzz created a handy wedding stationery timeline and checklist to help brides plan out all their paper needs.
Experienced wedding consultants and graphic designers at this Raleigh paper and gift shop help brides plan and create exciting and personalized elements every step of the way. With a little bit of planning and know-how, browsing all the beautiful invitations and stationery options will be a blast! Use this handy guide to plan out what type of paper or cards you need and when.
6 to 12 MONTHS PRIOR TO WEDDING
- Plan the guest list
- Order save-the-date cards
- Order thank you notes/stationery
- Mail save-the-date cards
- Order engagement party invitations
4 to 6 MONTHS PRIOR TO WEDDING
- Select and order wedding invitations
- Hire a calligrapher, if using one
- Order rehearsal dinner/party invitations
- Order bridal luncheon invitations
- Order shower invitations
6 to 8 WEEKS PRIOR TO WEDDING
6 WEEKS PRIOR TO WEDDING
- Mail rehearsal dinner/party invitations
- Mail bridal luncheon invitations
4 WEEKS PRIOR TO CEREMONY
- Order ceremony programs
- Order weekend itinerary cards/booklets
- Order menu cards
- Order table cards and place cards
- Order announcements
- Order personalized napkins
- Order favors
- Order gifts for bridesmaids and groomsmen
- Order stationery with married name
- Order personalized calling cards/gift enclosures
DAY OF WEDDING
- ENJOY every moment!
- Remember to ask your photographer to capture detailed shots of all the beautiful paper items at your wedding, such as the place cards, menus, favors, and monogramed items.
Checklist and images provided by staff at PaperBuzz